I received the 3970 from the guy on ebay yesterday and at first things looked good. Then the iPaq kept constantly resetting and wouldn’t work unless it was cradled. So, I fully charged it up (it was at 83%) and used it on the way to work. I was able to surf on it connected to my Nokia 3650 via Bluetooth. Setup for Bluetooth is still quite an effort and until it is made simpler then I don’t think your average user will buy into it. Anyway, things were going good until the end of my trip when the resets happened again. The battery was about 83-84%, so obviously there is a major battery issue with the iPaq. There is also a dark shadow mark visible on the center of the display. I contacted the seller, who has not yet responded, and have also called HP to get it fixed since it is still under warranty. We’ll see what happens, but it looks like I may have to leave negative feedback unless the seller can offer up some good explanation.
Personal blog about my mobile addiction and loves of my life.
Life and times of Matthew MillerThis blog is just a place where I post on things not covered on ZDNet, Facebook, or Twitter. I enjoy writing and also understand I have limited time to post.
- RT @lisagade: My review of the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra- did Samsung get it right this time? youtube.com/watch?v=81Lx0U… https://t.co/MRWGVDwrBI 1 hour ago
- I'm quite impressed by the 4-foot fall my eval unit took onto a granite counter and then a hardwood floor. Maybe Vi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- @DurvidImel @AndroidAuth Congratulations David! Can't wait to see your work with the amazing @MKBHD team. What a gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- RT @theMrMobile: The #GalaxyS21Ultra has the most versatile phone camera sold in the US, and it's $200 cheaper than its uggo predecessor.… 17 hours ago
- I love the look of the Phantom Brown one on the Samsung site and am looking around my collection for a phone to tra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago