I received the 3970 from the guy on ebay yesterday and at first things looked good. Then the iPaq kept constantly resetting and wouldn’t work unless it was cradled. So, I fully charged it up (it was at 83%) and used it on the way to work. I was able to surf on it connected to my Nokia 3650 via Bluetooth. Setup for Bluetooth is still quite an effort and until it is made simpler then I don’t think your average user will buy into it. Anyway, things were going good until the end of my trip when the resets happened again. The battery was about 83-84%, so obviously there is a major battery issue with the iPaq. There is also a dark shadow mark visible on the center of the display. I contacted the seller, who has not yet responded, and have also called HP to get it fixed since it is still under warranty. We’ll see what happens, but it looks like I may have to leave negative feedback unless the seller can offer up some good explanation.
Personal blog about my mobile addiction and loves of my life.
Life and times of Matthew MillerThis blog is just a place where I post on things not covered on ZDNet, Facebook, or Twitter. I enjoy writing and also understand I have limited time to post.
- @Jiminhno @KevinCTofel @surface Understood, just wish my bank worked with one of the GPS sports watch payment systems :( 3 days ago
- @MKBHD @backlon I'm sure my cats would take down this bad boy in seconds. 3 days ago
- This may be the perfect companion to the @surface Duo since you can use it for phone calls and payments with Google… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Hmm, not impressed with sleep experience, SpO2 matches Garmin well, need to further explore Workouts since it's lam… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @stevelitchfield: Phones Show 405 is now up at youtu.be/BDu5u6bEHIA with my take on the rather wonderful POCO X3 (NFC) 8-) 8-) Like… 4 days ago