I personally don’t care too much about the improvements in Word and Excel since nothing can really touch the power of TextMaker and PlanMaker. I also get lots of functionality in Internet Explorer through Spb Pocket Plus. The addition of PowerPoint will be a nice feature and I hope there will be other improvements in the OS itself (speed improvements, usability improvements, etc.)
I also have several features and functions I want to see in Windows Mobile that I do not think we will see in 2005. They include:
- Better thumb keyboard integration (I want the ability to control and use all the menus, toolbars, etc. with my keyboard and leave the stylus in the silo)
- I want the ability to have the top and bottom toolbars hidden in the core apps (i.e. in Pocket Word I want to see a completely blank white screen where I can enter data with a thumb keyboard or external keyboard without having toolbars take away from the writing area)
- I want to see improvements in MSN Messenger (colored fonts, smiley support, etc.)
- I want to see a File Explorer like Resco File Explorer with ZIP support integrated too
- I want to see the Smart Dialing feature found in the JAM in all Phone Edition devices
- I want the ability to delete, move, rename, etc. files from Find (I also want to know the path of the files in Find )
- I want a better calculator
- I want to see a RSS application as part of the OS
- I would like to see submenu/cascading menu support for the Start Menu, in the Remove Programs utility I want to see where the program is loaded and how much memory it consumes so I can better manage the memory of the device
- And lastly, I would like to see USB flash drive functionality so I can connect to any computer even without ActiveSync installed.
I am only asking for a few things and expect they will eventually be addressed in the Windows Mobile OS.