The Treo 650 and all associated gear has now been sold and I will be shipping the whole package out tomorrow morning to a buyer in Illinois. I hope he enjoys it as much as I did and like when I sold my Zodiac 2 I am sure I will regret the decision later. Then again, it is only a material thing and I just can’t get so attached to these devices.
I now have another idea for raising funds for a Tablet PC. I am seriously considering selling off my wonderful i-mate PDA2K that I have had now for almost 3 months. I had a MDA III for a couple months before that as well. I really do like these Phone Edition devices, but again I should be able to get over $600 for the device, the 3300 mAh battery, and other accessories that I have for the device. I am going to try going back to a two device solution with the Nokia 7610, Tungsten T3, and Axim X50v as my solutions. As I spend more time evaluating my real needs and trying to spend more time with my family while saving funds for a more powerful computing solution I want to try this out. If this works, then a Smartphone combined with a Tablet PC with integrated Bluetooth may be a better solution.
Some of the reasons I am leaning this way is that I have been doing some soul searching and real life breakdown of necessities lately and here are some truths.
- I am approaching my 12th year of marriage and find I am spending too much time with my devices, rather than with my wonderful wife who deserves more from me than what I have been giving her.
- I only get about 20-25 emails on my Geek.com address each day, with the majority being from forums and lists that I am a member of.
- I am an engineer and only get about 10 emails a day at work since we spend most of our time doing calculations and talking to clients on the phone in the office.
- I am on the road with my vanpool for 2+ hours a day, but now I drive home everyday and usually end up falling asleep during the morning commute as that is becoming more important to me than surfing PDA sites.
- I primarily use my Axim X50v at home due to the VGA display and good WiFi range. Dell loans me the devices for long term use so I can save on buying Windows Mobile devices by using the loaners.
- I use my mobile phone to call my wife 95% of the time and rarely is email critical.
If anyone is interested in an excellent condition i-mate PDA2K, feel free to email me. Here is what I have for the PDA2K: the unit with a JAVOScreen screen protector that has been on since day 1 along with the original box, extra stylus, cradle, and battery it came with originally, a brown Piel Frama case, a Proporta Alu-leather black book style case, and a Mugen Power 3300 mAh battery. I’ll have to check and see if I have something else, but I think that is it. These units are still going for $700+ on ebay and I am including a huge capacity battery valued at $115 along with two cases valued over $80. I am considering offers around $650 at this time.