Opera tech support replied quickly to my issue and directed me to the Advanced Settings area of my Access Point where T-Mobile had their proxy address installed. I simply removed their proxy address and port identifiers and Opera 8 is now running like a champ on the smartphone. I prefer Firefox on the desktop, but Opera is very good on mobile devices with their Small Screen Rendering technology. Now if I could just get a registration code to work on Windows Mobile devices.
Personal blog about my mobile addiction and loves of my life.
Success with Opera 8 on Nokia 7610
Life and times of Matthew MillerThis blog is just a place where I post on things not covered on ZDNet, Facebook, or Twitter. I enjoy writing and also understand I have limited time to post.
- @jperlow No way I'm showing her that or she might switch colors. I ordered boring black since I wanted 256 and that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- I told my wife we should upgrade her Android. She said her dentist told her a our the Pixel 6 today;) Ordered her a green 6! 1 day ago
- @michaelherald Sadly no. I.had to send it back after a couple of week review period. LOVED it and still thinking of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Whoa, Google has some kind of strange ordering system. Just keep trying and eventually you might get lucky. Now hav… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @askdes Hmm, doesn't look like T-Mobile wants me to buy one either. No matter which phone on my line I choose I get… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago