Treo with MyBible works well in church

I was carrying and using my Tablet PC with OneNote to take sermon notes and that was working quite well, except for the size of the device. I do like the ability to be able to search on my handwriting, but never had to do that too much anyway. Since I now have a Treo 650 again I decided to try using that with MyBible 4 on Sunday for taking notes and find it a better mobile platform for notes. I am quite fast with the Treo keyboard and had no problem keeping up with the pastor. It is also less distracting having a small Treo to type on than pulling out and using the larger Tablet PC.

I know I can copy and paste my notes into Docs to Go or something, but it would be easier if there was the ability to export my notes for archiving and reading later. I also used the backup function in Pocket Bible on my Windows Mobile device, but haven’t found this feature in MyBible.

1. #1 by Antoine on September 12, 2005 - 09:59

I thuoght that MyBible was like Bible+ and able to export to MemoPad. I am a Bible+ user and the export feature is one of my favorite features.

FYI: mobileministrymagazine.com is back to live posting. I’ve linked to this article there.

2. #2 by Anonymous on September 12, 2005 - 11:28

palmsolo,

I’ve enjoyed reading your articles and commentary on the Geek.Com website, as well as your palmsolo.com weblog.

You are a gifted writer and your helpful insights have enabled me to formulate a few wise procurement decisions in the past.

Keep up the excellent work.

3. #3 by palmsolo on September 12, 2005 - 12:14

Wow, what can I say to anonymous’ comments, but thanks. I am just a humble mobile device addict that attempts to keep this hobby under control so it doesn’t take over my life.

I am more than happy to help people with mobile devices and spend lots of time posting answers to questions I am sent regarding what is the best device for certain situations.

Actually, this just popped an idea into my head where I think I may start posting the questions and answers here on my blog so that it may help others with the same question and help me from having to answer the same thing over and over again:)

4. #4 by palmsolo on September 12, 2005 - 12:17

I was chatting with the Laridian folks today after my experiences with MyBible and you can copy and paste your notes into other programs, but there is no export feature integrated into the application. I’ll have to check out Bible+ and some other Bible apps on the Palm too.

Antoine, good to see your site is back up with live posting. I linked to it on Geek.com a couple weeks ago and then it wouldn’t come up after that 😉

5. #5 by Anonymous on September 12, 2005 - 13:37

No problem, palmsolo. My commentary was honesty and truthful. I appreciate your input on both Geek.Com and palmsolo.com, respectively.

6. #6 by Antoine on September 13, 2005 - 10:47

Yea, i jumped th gun according to my host; but things are all well now, and the geek.com posting did garner some more fun. I’ll be looking at MyBible and other bible readers soon as well (waiting for BIble+ t move to 3.2) and that may also have some of the features you desire (except for modern versions, copyright issues of course).