I just sat down to work on some Geek and ZDNet reviews and some of my regular naval architecture work when all power was lost throughout our house and every house within at least a 3 block radius. I just started tested out and taking photos of the Sprint EVDO Rev. A USB modem. Prior to today I was only seeing something around dialup speeds at my house, but earlier this morning when I tried out the modem at work (where I have 4 bars) a firmware update was downloaded and applied. Then when testing it out at home with this new firmware, I am seeing 1-3 bars with download speeds of about 500 kbps and uploads of 250 or so. This isn’t DSL, but it sure is faster than any other wireless service I have so I am able to continue working.