Switched from DSL to cable

I have been using DSL for over 5 years since I was first able to get it at my house in Washington. When I first signed up DSL was the only option and I liked the fact that my ISP had dial-up access for when I was on the road. Many things have changed over the years and after getting one of those special offers in the mail I looked at my options and saw I could get much faster access for a cheaper price. Yesterday Comcast installed cable in my house and I am seeing 6 to 10 times faster download speeds over my DSL service. I am in an area that cannot get the faster DSL so getting faster access at a cheaper price was a real no-brainer. Surfing is now even faster than before and I am happy to save a few bucks off of my monthly fees.

1. #1 by m1356 on February 2, 2007 - 16:04

I’m in the oposite situation. Have Cable but it’s just too expensive! I was on Verizon’s website and was blown away when I saw DSL was offered for $9.99. Based on that price, I think I’m going to switch. I doubt the speed difference will be that noticeable.

2. #2 by Mark Tomin on March 1, 2007 - 12:16

It is a good idea to switch around from time to time. ISP run different promotions for new customers only, so just by switching around you can get better prices every year after the contract expires.

T1-T3-DSL

3. #3 by Jeff on March 12, 2007 - 16:18

I have to agree, it was very wise of you to choose Comcast’s cable over DSL. It was the cheaper offer as well as the faster internet service. Such an interaction demonstrates the competition internet services have with each other and how they are willing to set unbelievable prices in order to attract customers. I won’t be suprised if you switch your internet again 5 years later.

High Speed Internet Access and Broadband Provider

4. #4 by john on October 8, 2007 - 01:22

Cable is way to inconsistent and very pricey. I just came from Washington(now living in New York) and I know a high speed internet service provider that is compatible in all the U.S. They are cheap and very reliable. I have DSL for a year now and have no problems. They also offer other broadband services for home and business. Here’s the site if anyone is interested: http://connect-point-to-point.com

5. #5 by john on October 17, 2007 - 21:30

Cable might have faster speeds some part of the day but DSL is more consistent. I switched from cable to dsl and my high speed internet service provider is great! Check them out: http://ds1providers.com

6. #6 by joe on January 26, 2008 - 18:24

I would pass on both. If you want serious high speed internet go with T1. http://t1survey.com